Monday, September 15, 2008

Just a Wii Bit Addicting


Exercise? Addicting? Yup, the Wii Fit does a great job of making you want more...More...MORE!!! After engaging in an absurdly large amount of sugar yesterday (I made the brownies :( and my husband bought donuts from Dunkin...which I didn't eat), my husband and I decided it was time to set up the Fit. Up until then, we hadn't quite decided if we were going to keep it. However, with the kiddos in bed and it being way too hot to exercise outside, we booted up the Wii.

Within minutes we were fighting over the possession of the remote. It was actually really neat! We had to create Miis, characters that look like you to play the Wii, which was loads of fun. The Fit did some really neat calculations and provides tips, motivation, goal setting, BMI, weight, progress reports, charts and graphs!

Once we started attempting some of the exercises, we found ourselves just plain wanting more. They make it addicting by allowing room for continual improvement, and when you are competing with your spouse, you can't go to bed until the last man standing wins! Which was of course my husband :). I found the hola-hoop exercise to be quite demanding, after three turns I was winded and my abs are sore this morning! My husband attempted a four minute, run-in-place exercise and repeated continually, "I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die....". It was hilarious! He actually had a hard time getting through it.

Goals for today: stay away from sugar and fast food, and beat my husband at slalom skiing!!!

8 comments:

butterfly said...

I WANT ONE!!!!!!

Everyone seems to be ranting and raving about it.

Can't wait till I purchase my own!

Isn't it great to find away to incorporate fun into a work out?

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That is such a neat thing that you can have fun and get such great exercise at the same time. I've yet to start exercising, and I need to BADLY! I keep putting it off because of sore feet and knees, but I'm just gonna hafta bite the bullet and do it! Good luck beating the hubby--I'm rootin' for ya!
~Bethany

Simplymoi said...

Me too! lol

I sooo want to get one, it looks like so much fun! I'm glad you are having fun with it!

Fat Free Me said...

I see you've been peeking at my ticker... :)

Hooray for your Wii Fit! Well I'm thrilled to see that you love it, and also glad Dunkin didn't make it into your belly..those things are lethal (BUT I WANT ONE, or two, or TEN-which alas, is my problem). So how much nagging do you think I'll have to listen to if you bring it down and the girls get hooked? Or, if I get hooked?

new*me said...

I can see my family fighting over it too :)

Sounds like you have found a great way to melt away the fat :) Watch out for those brownies!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I am so going to put it on my Christmas list this year!

blendergrl said...

I love my Wii Fit too! Although, it make me a little sad everytime my little Mii puffs up and it tells me I am obese! I can't wait for the day it just ays I am overweight!

Manuela said...

The WII looks like fun but for me not financially "in the books"! I'm trying to keep up on the free stuff.

Ah sugar, why must you tempt us so? Do you find that the more sweet things you eat the more you want them? It's a nasty cycle but good luck with avoiding it today :)