Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wii, Wii, Wii, Wii All The Way Back to the Store?


So, how many of you either own a Wii and Wii Fit, or have heard about it? I know that the internet says they are the latest craze, but are they really worth it? It being $400+ for everything you would need?

I was able to get my hands on a Wii today, and I have a Wii Fit set up with someone from Craigslist. My husband thinks I am planning to either return the system or sell it to someone else who has been looking for one.

I need to know if it is worth a $400 fight? Money is by no means knocking on our door these days, but I would really like to have one. I think. I am afraid if we wait until we can afford one, we won't be able to find one again. Christmas is rapidly approaching, and I am sure that the Wii will be impossible to find. Because of our financial situation, I really feel like I am asking ALOT from my husband. So, is it worth it!? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

It was interesting to see my highs and lows today while I was on the Wii mission. When I heard that my local Wal*Mart had one in stock, I got the kids into the car and sped off all the while feeling a wonderful sensation of excitement and anticipation. Would it still be there when I got there? The hunt was on. I literally ran with two kids in tow to the electronics department.
Well, it was there. I bought it. I headed home.
I felt a huge sense of dissapointment while driving back to my house. The hunt was over.
Then my husband said maybe we could keep it! I felt all smiley and excited all over again. I even danced around the house a bit.
But, I already feel all dissapointed again. Buyers remorse I guess.

My point here? My point is that this has always been my food cycle. When I am on my way to buy food, I am so super excited about my upcoming celebration with all sorts of delicious goodies. Then, after I have eaten them, I feel all depressed.

Why do I feel a need to put myself through such torment? What on earth do I get out of throwing myself into such horrible uncomfortable situations? I am working on this question. If it isn't food, it's something else. Anything for that quick, very short-lived high.

5 comments:

new*me said...

Food should be important......just not your life. You will get to that place..eat to live, not live to eat. Try to give it the same importance as brushing your teeth. It's something you have to do but most of us don't take great pleasure in doing. I don't have a wii but would love to hear your review. I want to get one for the family but money is really tight here too.

Fat Free Me said...

First, CHECK OUT YOUR LOSS ON THE SCALE!!!! You are SO on the verge of the 50's!

As for your hunt/elation/find/disappointment trend, I have an idea. You should take up REAL hunting :) Come on Lynn, you, a rifle, a little fresh air out on the wilderness...and FREE MEAT! It's a win-win. I sense some head-shaking :)

Allison said...

I don't know a whole lot about the Wii gaming console. My father-in-law told my husband and I that he was getting one for us for Christmas. But, he couldn't find one. So he said he would get one for us when he could find one. He never did, so we finally gave up and got a new grill instead. :)
If you think you'll use the Wii and it will be beneficial, then keep it. If you're not sure you can afford it, check the return policy for the Wii and hold on to it as long as you can. If you discover that you don't have money problems because of the Wii, then keep it. If you do, return it. I hope that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I treated ourselves to a Wii last year. We don't get to play it often, but on those weekend nights we are home with nothing to do and the kids have actually gone to bed we do have fun playing games (We like Big Brain Academy). It was our last big purchase before we bought our house. We rationalized the cost as our means of entertainment since with 2 small kids and a tight budget we wouldn't be going out much! I'd say in that respect it was worth it.

I have been trying to find someone who actually has the Wii Fit to let me know how it is. Hopefully someone else can answer that here!

Mara said...

I can relate. Finding the high is what we all strive for. For so long food was mine and now I try and focus on what I can achieve without it. I hope you get to keep the Wii.

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/