My band has returned. I met with the FNP today at my surgeon's office and she helped mediate a compromise for the two of us. My band decided to return to her post with a whopping 4 ccs- 2.5 for the prime and 1.5 for restriction. I am so relieved!
I felt a difference immediately and hope to be back on track by next week's fill. I learned a few things this past week and a half:
- I appear incapable of restraining myself (without the band) when it comes to food.
- My stomach actually shrunk- a lot. I could barely eat "normal" portions. I was so excited to once again eat pizza and placed two whole slices on my plate settling in for a major chow down. Surprise! I could only eat half a slice.
- I gained BACK 8 pounds in 1.5 weeks! 8 pounds. My body must have been starving for those extra calories.
- My insomnia returned along with my fierce temper, hot flashes and irritability. It's amazing what eating yucky foods (ie. foods that are NOT band friendly) can do to your overall health and state of well-being.
- It is so important to take better care of myself- see bullet above.
- I don't ever want to be without the band again and plan on treating her with extreme caution and with a great degree of care.
- It only takes 1.5 weeks to go from a size 18 back up to a 20. (Don't try this at home.)
- All the foods that I have been "missing" over the past six months were SO not worth eating again. NOTHING came close to tasting as good as losing weight feels. As a matter of fact, I am totally grossed out by how disgusting all of my past favorite foods now taste. I need to make sure I remember this one.
- The past six months has actually changed my mentality quite a bit. Instead of constantly dreaming about my next meal, I found myself forgetting to eat and not worrying about food. It was great.
FYI- "Remember Me" with Rob Pattinson is an excellent movie. It's a definite must see.