Friday, April 9, 2010

14 Pounds in 20 Days


The title of this post sounds like a cheesy infomercial that you might hear at 2:00am in the morning, something you might see highlighted and large on the front cover of STAR magazine, something you might expect printed/promised on a bottle of the latest diet pill.

But...

I have actually lost 14 pounds in the past 20 days. I guess when my doctor told me that I would lose quickly after I got some restriction back, he was telling me the truth! I must say though, I am only able to consume 400-800 calories a day, so this is definitely going to catch up to me and bite me in my big'ole behind eventually. The reason I am consuming so few calories is because I am literally NOT hungry. Quite the contrary. I usually feel full all day long so I make an effort to drink plenty of water and squeeze a few protein shakes in. Now, I don't think I am too tight, because I can eat and it normally stays down just fine. I've just been extremely busy, and food is far from my thoughts for once in my life!

In addition to the scale moving, I have noticed a few new NSVs that I am going to mention for documentation purposes. I have noticed that in addition to collar and hip bones, I now have ribs. When I lay flat on my back, my belly sinks in and my ribs pop out. AWESOME. My husband laughed at me the other night when I shouted out, "I have ribs!". Another big one is my two year old can now wrap his legs around me when I hold him without me feeling like I am inducing a forced split! Poor guy, he is probably one of the most flexible little boys around. Another one is the fact that I can not only sit at ANY booth comfortably, but I can now cross my legs under the table! :) Oh, and I can't forget the fact that I am continually surprised by my own reflection when I catch a glimpse of my body in a glass door.

When I started this journey seven months ago, it was so hard for me to imagine wearing an XL top and a size 18 jeans again, but here I am. I am LOVING my band.

8 comments:

Stacie said...

How exciting. It is awesome when you can really see the major changes.

MB said...

Wow! This is great to hear.

DB said...

Yay for you!

Katie J ♥ said...

Fabulous! Would love to see an updated picture ;-)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Good for you! I am going to forward your site my good friend who was also banded and doing great. :)

jennyr1222 said...

Wow!!! 14 pounds in 20 days. That's amazing!

Becky Fyfe said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Those NSVs are fun when you get them!

99ToGo said...

Love the magazine :) I'm so, so, so happy for you!!! Will we be going on a shopping spree by Christmas??!!