Monday, April 26, 2010

What on Earth!?


Yesterday I went into Belks to try to find a new pair of pants because I have ONE pair of size 18 jeans that I wear.... every.... single.... day. I wash them in between wearings of course, but still, the situation was just sad.

I hopped on the escalator and started my venture to the "Women's" section hidden in the back right corner. I couldn't find any size 18 jeans or capris and was totally bummed out. THEN it hit me. Size 18? Hmmmmm, I bet they have size 18s downstairs. Happy as a clam I marched my hiney down to the "Normal Ladies" department to purchase a pair of pants NOT in the plus section for the very first time since I was in high school. My current size 18s are getting loose so I grabbed a pair of 16s JUST IN CASE.

Bad idea. Not only did the 16s not fit- not even close- but the 18s were T I G H T. But...but....they are an 18?!?!? What on earth is going on!?!? Ahhhhh, yes. Then I remembered that size 18s are not all created equal. A size 18 from the Ladies' department was not the same as a size 18 from the Women's department. I refused to be defeated and squeezed my size 18W butt into the regular size 18 and bought those suckers. AND, just for good measure, I threw in an XL polo shirt from Izod. I am looking forward to being firmly planted in the Ladies department.

Now for your viewing pleasure, just to support the fact that I will never learn, all my take-out boxes from the past week. I keep ordering as if I can actually eat! (There are four boxes there just in case you can't tell.)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Good for you! That is a fantastic NSV! I enjoy your blog and I'm glad you're doing well!

SeaShore said...

Congrats on the regular 18s!!

Anonymous said...

I would have to keep myself from doing the happy dance in the middle of the store if I was out of the women's dept! Good for you!

Kelly said...

I'm rooting for ya!

Sherry said...

Damn size 18. Its my nemesis. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I feel like it mocks me all the time. When I was a 12, I don't remember all 12s being different but size 18? He marches to the beat of his own drummer.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You look great!

Jess said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that you look AMAZING! Keep up the great work! :)