Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vita- yum, yum, yum


Unlike my past candy bar post, this post is about a seemingly healthy, super-yummo snack/meal. Have you heard about VitaTops and VitaMuffins yet? They are SO good. One of my close friends buys the vitamix and makes her own muffins, it's much cheaper that way. BUT, my grocery store didn't carry the mix, only the VitaTops, which can be found in the frozen section.

Each muffin top contains 100 calories, 1.5g fat, 6g fiber & 3g protein. Not too shabby, huh?

You have to store them in the freezer, as they are preservative free. This is a good thing, because you can thaw only one at a time, thus reducing the urge to overindulge. I actually had one for lunch- two hours ago- and I still feel super content.

5 comments:

SuperMegaAnna said...

I used to eat these alot. Now I get stuck every time I try... but they are yumm-o!

MB said...

Where do you get them?

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite snacks is a frozen vitatop with a little bit of peanut butter or almond butter on top! YUM.

Anonymous said...

I love love my Vitatops. I have them with a tsp of cream cheese after they are toasted. Very yummy. Also you can get the large sampler pack on Amazon with free shipping. I just did that, it was a great deal. Otherwise I get them at Publix.

Jen from Oregon said...

these sound yummy. Anyone know if costco has them?