Saturday, June 5, 2010

Carousel


We went to the mall today, and like always, my boys wanted to ride the carousel. I bought our tickets and placed my purse in the stationary seat - where I ALWAYS sit - and helped my boys get on their horses.

I haven't ridden a carousel in YEARS. My oldest turned four back in January and I have never ridden with him. Besides the stares I was always avoiding, I was afraid the darn horse wouldn't be able to go up and down, resulting in a major mechanical blowout with tons of black smoke which would cause everyone to head for the exits screaming with mass panic thinking that a terrorist was present. That and my big'ole behind wouldn't fit in the molded saddle.

But today was different. After strapping my boys in place, I looked at the horse suspended between them and without hesitating, hopped right on! Yippee! My boys were so excited and let me tell you, I had an absolute blast!

I am looking forward to going again soon. Oh, and my behind fit just fine. A small child could have fit behind me!

13 comments:

Janice said...

That is a nice story. :) It puts a smile on your face. Those NSV make band life that much sweeter! Thanks for sharing!

Jacquie said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us.

Kristin said...

What a great victory, Lynn!

Anonymous said...

Cute story. Funny how the seemingly little things make such a difference.

Jen from Oregon said...

Love it!

Natalia said...

Lynn, that's awesome! I'm happy for you!

MargieAnne said...

What fun!
What a victory!
There's more to come!
Congratulations!

Girl Bandit said...

What an excellent NSV...congrats. Where did you get your blog background from??? I love it :)

-Grace- said...

This brought a happy tear to my eye! Good going, mama! I bet your boys are so proud of you :)

Lap Band Gal said...

WOO HOO! CAROUSEL!! Awesome NSV!

Sarah G said...

That is a great NSV!!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That is a GREAT NSV!!! Way to go!

Alexis said...

Oh...this just so made my day! What a great victory for you and it is something your kiddo's will remember!