Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Skinny B*tch


First of all, it has finally happened. And actually, it happened twice! I have had TWO people tell me in the past week that I look S K I N N Y!!! One of those people was my mother-in-law.

Now, I am by no means skinny, but the fact that my neighbor called me a "skinny b*tch" kind of made my day, you know!? Moving along...

My best friend Kate was here for a visit a few weeks ago and we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. What was so wonderful about this particular visit was the fact that it was the first time - that I can remember - that we didn't eat from the second we were together until the second we parted. She has been my binging buddy for over 20 years now, and instead of eating junk we actually exercised!!! We both LOST weight while she was visiting. There is a first for everything. Praise the LORD.

And speaking of firsts, my parents just left after a four day visit and I got to experience something entirely new to me. My mother has always been the, "Do you really need that?" "Put that back Honey, you've had enough" type, but I was amazed to hear her constantly telling me, "You need to eat something Honey" "Here, please eat this...". Wow, what a 180.

AND- I have TONS of NSVs lately- my husband took a picture of my two sisters and me and I DON'T look MORBIDLY OBESE! I am so excited about that picture. I no longer stick out like a sore thumb.

I have been exercising like crazy, having a new puppy helps keep me motivated. I have to walk her, sometimes twice a day, in order for all of us to keep our sanity! I have also been busting my butt on the elliptical machine.

Now for my favorite NSV EVER (so far!)- my husband told me last night, while we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, that making "boom, boom" has been wonderful lately. He said that I was looking great.

Have I mentioned that I love my band?

I will post some pictures later today.

14 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Congrats on being so skInny! Awesome. It does feel great to see the change in perception. My mother and grandmother were the same way last time I was losing weight. They got very worried when I was only halfway. I just pushed it off on my doctor, and said I was being very careful with my goal weight.

Woo-Hoo!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Congratulations on the NSV's!

Maree said...

Excellent NSVs - glad you're feeling so good!

Barbara said...

Gotta love those NSV's..

uh said...

It feels so good to get confirmations for all our hard work. It is also a great motivator to keep on keepin on!

Kristin said...

Fantastic all around!

99ToGo said...

Woooooohoooooooo!!! I particularly love the reminder about our weight-LOSS week together :) I'm still so proud of that, I could pee in my pants. (But I won't, don't worry.)

So I wanna see that pic of you with your sisters. And I'm grinning like mad about your "boom boom" comment. Both because you chose that terminology (where the heck did that come from??), and b/c it was said. Talk about an NSV!!

Call me!

Natalia said...

yay to all that!!!! :)

Jen from Oregon said...

WOW! what a great list of NSV's!
Can't wait to see the pics.

Girl Bandit said...

We need pics now!!! They are just the best NSV's ever...I am thrilled for you...especially...well all of them....LOL

Leigh Anne said...

Skinny B!tch! ;) Haha, congrats!!!! What a great testimony to what losing weight does for living!

Making "boom boom" ... LOL, that made me laugh! ;)

Laura said...

What a great NSV!!! You're doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

you look fabulous! Congratulations!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You look GREAT!

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/