Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All Swirly

My head seems to be swirling lately. There just seems to be so much going on. I haven't left our house since Saturday because my baby has been running a high fever. And now, my two year old and I are starting to feel poopie.
Speaking of poopie, while working on potty training my son, he accidentally smeared a little goodness onto our bed, so when I was desperate to go to bed at 8:00 last night, I couldn't because the bedding was still in the dryer. I finally made it to bed at 11:30 last night because my baby is cutting teeth and he refused to nurse. So needless to say, after an hour or so of trying to pump (which didn't work, I had to thaw so frozen milk), the baby finally drank a bottle and went off to sleep. Wow, that was a serious mental sidetrack, sorry about that.

Because I have been feeling all swirly, my food has been lack luster. I am hoping that I will be able to establish a firm grasp on my food today. Besides, I will be so busy today trying to find some milk for my son, that I shouldn't even have time to worry about feeding myself. Which leads me to my question... if my breasts won't let down to the pump, and my baby won't eat, how in the heck do I get out of this pickle?

Again, I am sorry to bring that back up, but that is what I am facing right now. Uh, it's going to be a long day.

I hope you are all doing well.

Oh, and on another side note, my cousin got attacked by a shark a few days ago while swimming off the coast of Florida. His legs are a mess. He was only chest deep. I will NEVER swim in the ocean again.

UPDATE: My baby has Roseola...that would help explain the stress in our household these past few days.

4 comments:

Natalia said...

Hey there!
Wow of course your head is swirly you have a lot going on right now. Wish I could help with the breast feeding question, but I didn't have much luck in that area with my son.

Hopefully your house will be back to normal soon!! :)

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to care for yourself when you have tiny ones. My youngest is now 2 and it's just now that I feel I'm getting some life back.

Have you tried playing a recording of your baby crying while you pump? Hearing your baby cry is supposed to help with the let down.

I give you so much credit for making so much progress with all you have on your plate. I've yet to kick myself into motion with losing weight and my kids are way less needy at this point! You should be very proud of yourself!

Fat Free Me said...

Hang in there Lynn!! If he goes long enough without nursing, the hunger will eventually overtake his pained gums, and you should be loaded and ready to nurse, so waiting a bit may be the fix. OR, you could treat him with Oragel or something like that right before he wants to eat so he can nurse in peace :)

As for the sharks, I'm joining you in your ocean boycott. Yikes!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I've always been kinda freaked out by ocean water--now I'll never want to go in over ankle deep! That is just bizarre!

Sorry about your baby troubles--hope things get better for you soon...
Bethany