Friday, April 24, 2009

Creeping

Well, I keep creeping on up the scale. After whats seems like a snap, but really almost a WHOLE year! I am starting ALL OVER AGAIN. This time with a starting weight of 276.6. I have quite a ways to go, but I have reached my limits again.

I find it so interesting how looking back over the past year, all I remember is how wonderful it felt to lose weight, and how awful and defeating it felt to gain. You know what I don't remember however? The food that I just had to eat.

So, why is it that if food makes us feel so "good", we wouldn't remember all of those wonderful temporary "highs"? I can't remember a single morsel that tasted better than losing weight feels. So, why wouldn't I choose to continue to feel good by losing weight?

It just doesn't make any sense.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just hard to break old habits and replace them with newer, healthier habits. It takes time. I know how you feel. I look at some of the foods I've bought (especially things I'm SUPPOSED to have, like protein shakes) and think, "how can I possibly eat that?" yet know if I do I'll be in so much better shape.

When faced with a salad or a pizza, it's just never easy to choose the salad... at least not until a lifetime of conditioning has been neutralized.

Fat[free]Me said...

I don't understand it either - it is like a demon takes over my body (especially my mouth, lol).

Now I am losing again, I can't help wondering - why the heck didn't I do this before?

By getting back into the battle you will win the war - better than not trying at all, eh?

Good luck - you will do it!

MargieAnne said...

I'm in the same boat and it doesn't feel at all comfortable.

I'm thinking that chaos or disorder is so much simpler because it happens when we do nothing about the problem.

Everyone seems to have an area of chaos but some manage to control it better than others. I long to be consistent.

It takes more than knowing what to do.

Take courage you can win this battle even if it hard right now.

new*me said...

It takes consistency to get into a pattern, a routine ;) You can do it. Wipe the slate clean and do it for you!

Brooke said...

OMG- you pretty much described the last year of my life. I lost 70 lbs and was well, exultant. A whole new world opened up to me. And then boom- 20 lbs back on and I'm standing here looking around, wondering, "how did that happen?"

But, if anything it's just a learning experience- a reminder of how easy it is to lose touch and g into denial about new found habits.

Good luck!!!