Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm Drained

I had my first appointment in eight months today. After telling my surgeon's assistant my recent symptoms... :
  • craving sweets/sliders (ice cream!)
  • heartburn
  • frequent vomiting
  • and a horribly uncomfortable pinching sensation around my stomach that prevents me from sleeping/moving/eating comfortably (similar to the feeling I had right after my surgery when my stomach was swollen)
...she concluded that I was probably too tight. She ordered a fluoroscopy and we could see that when I swallowed the contrast, it all sat in the top pouch. Only a drop or two actually went through while we sat there and watched it for about 30 seconds. So, she ended up taking out my fill and prescribing an anti-inflammatory.

This probably was the result of a stomach bug I had about a week ago. All the vomiting made for one angry stomach and band. :(

I go back in in about two weeks to put some fluid back in. Maybe this will help me stop my adaptive eating and get me over this darn plateau!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry for your pain...hope things get resolved soon!

Theresa said...

Hope you are better soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, even though you hate going to your surgeon's office, it looks like some good came out of it. I hope you feel better soon and can get back to normal quickly!

MLM said...

Hope you feel better soon!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

ouch! Hope you feel better soon!