Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All is Calm, All is Bright


Well, there is light at the end of my tunnel folks. Phew.

My esophagus HAS healed, and my allergic symptoms (although still there) have faded as well. My surgeon highly doubts I have an allergy to the band. HUGE sigh of relief. I am going to be going to the allergist soon to have him test me for what might be causing my symptoms.

I have gone back three times now for fills since my esophagus "blew up". The first fill brought no restriction, it basically primed the tubing. The second fill was cut short when my doctor hit a nerve on the way in and I passed out cold on the floor. EMBARASSING. So, I went back today for my third fill, which FINALLY brought some restriction. I can definitely tell I have a band again. THANK YOU GOD.

Besides fighting off the flu, things are good right now. I am so relieved that things are looking up. My new treadmill is even going to be delivered tomorrow! Woo-hoo! There is one thing I hate more than running on a treadmill, not being to run at all. Since I can't run outside because of my asthma, treadmill it is. I plan on posting a few of my "before" photos on the dashboard for some inspiration to KEEP GOING even when I want to stop.

I am up 25 pounds since all hell broke loose two months ago. That's a lot to lose all over again. BUT, it's something I have done before, and something I can and will do again. By golly.

One very important lesson I have learned from all of this: Do not assume that a "Band Holiday" is going to be short lived, go out and go hog wild with food, only to have your brief stint in Buffet-ville extended until before you know it, you've packed on 25 pounds. I will not make that mistake again. Poor judgment call big time on my part.


5 comments:

MB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MB said...

I'm glad you are not allergic to the band. And, as always, I love your cartoons!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

glad you are doing better!

Darlin1 said...

So glad you are not allergic to the band!!! SCARY!!!!

Sounds like you are doing well and on you way back!

XO

Angela said...

Hysterical cartoons!