Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Three of Low Carb- GRUMPY!

Well, I have heard that eating low carb can cause mood swings, but I am out of control! My poor husband. He is probably outside plotting our divorce this very minute. ;)

We decided to eat at Long Horn tonight and I ordered prime rib with steamed veggies. Unfortunately, my dinner is now sitting in the fridge because my one year old refused to sit still at the restaurant for one more second. Also, there will be no exercise for me, yet again, because I irritated my slipped disc this morning- Ouch! I am having all I can do to not take my prescribed narcotics. Even though my dear husband is a Chiropractor, there isn't much he can do for this. And to top it all off, it's my TOM. Joy.

Some other bad news today, our air conditioning unit is DEAD. As in will not work. AND, it was almost 94 degrees here in the southeast today. So to pass some of the day, I ran a few errands with the boys to stay out of the house. We have all the fans running and blinds closed, so we should be good for a while. It is going to cost us close to $5,000 to replace it. And lets face it folks, nowadays people just don't have an extra 5 grand sitting around. I have a small shop on ETSY, but I am afraid that it will take me 10 years to make that much! :)

Hope you are all well, and I look forward to sitting down and catching up with all of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just the way life works. Just when you start a new plan, TOM, cranky kids--the a/c goes out. I don't know why everything has to happen at once. Hope that life eases out a bit for you and that you can get your A/C fixed. What I loved about your post is that I didn't hear any chocolate or sugar related confessions. That is awesome! Keep up the good work. Have you tried sugar free jello? Also--I used to make mean Splend cheese cake with no crust or with a chopped almond crust. Let me know if you want any recipes. Blessings--Bonnie

Sean Anderson said...

That sounds really painful. I sincerely hope you'll be feeling better and cool in not long.

My best

Sean

THE DASH! said...

Ouch. With a husband who's also dealing with a sore back, I understand the pain you must be going through. And just as you get your head into gear to start a new plan. Hope you manage to find another way to stay cool.. hate the way things happen all at once.

Lisa said...

No AC..... that sucks!!!! I feel for ya... here in Florida it would be unbearable without the AC. Stay strong on your Low Carb agenda. You can do it!!

carla said...

OH NO!!!

sending you healing and **cool** thoughts.

Miz, who not only gets really really crabby when low carb but cant think straight either.