Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fill'er Up.....or Not

I went in for my third fill yesterday. But after reviewing my "case", my surgeon's PA decided that I wouldn't be getting a fill. His reason? I had lost too much weight. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Seriously? Too much!? He wanted to see around 2-6 pounds in a month, but I had lost 10 according to their scales, so no fill for me because he feels I am obviously working the band properly and don't need more restriction.

I do have to say that I seem to be getting stuck a lot and having to run to the bathroom for quite a bit of PB'ing lately. Do any of you notice that your restriction changes from day to day?

Sometimes I can eat anything and other days I can't even think about eating something that isn't the consistency of mashed potatoes. It's just weird.

6 comments:

Mary said...

the thing is though when you lose weight you lose restriction because the fat around your stomach is going away so that makes NO sense what so ever to me. but if your pb'ing you should probably either make sure you are taking tinnnnny bites and also make sure you are eating slow enough because you shouldnt be pb'ing on a regular basis at all especially this early on in the process it could mess up your band. Just some words of advice I hope they help. BUTTTTT! Great job on losing 10lbs! thats awesome.

meandmygizmo said...

I thought it was in my head but I do feel restriction differently here and there ~ sometimes tighter in the AM?? I have found I can NOT physically eat and drink @ the same time ~ it has to be one or the other....example: no bite of anything with my morning coffee or I will be in trouble! I just did a weight loss review and was thinking 6 lbs a month wasn't enough ~ I go on Monday for my third fill?? We'll see what the doc has to say about that. ;-)

Amy W. said...

Well that is good to hear and it also sucks! But if you are getting stuck a lot, you prob shouldnt get a fill until you learn to eat with the current level of restriction you have. This may mean changing the kinds of food you eat and def being careful like Mary said. I find that when I am stressed or upset, my band is tighter.

Catherine55 said...

Sounds like they made a good call. I keep my restriction at a level where I almost never get stuck or PB. Well. . let me rephrase that. . I almost never get stuck if I pay attention when I eat! Put me in front of the tv or computer, and all bets are off! :)

Catherine

uh said...

losing 10 lbs does not seem unreasonable to me, but use this month to get your PBng under control. Great job!

Unknown said...

I am just getting ready for my first fill next Thursday, so I am no expert...but the program coordinator at my surgeon's office said that I would feel more restiction in the morning. I was also told not to drink with any meal..stop drinking 15 minutes prior and don't drink for an hour after. Between meals drink and drink. I have lost 22 lbs in the three weeks since surgery and starting this week they said 1-2 lbs per week and about 8 lbs per month would mean the restriction is correct.