Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fast Food Follies

I just happened to read a fellow bloggers post in which she explains how she ordered one thing and got another while ordering in the drive-thru. It made me think about how many times in the past I have been so strong and made super smart decisions, ie. grilled chicken, only to find out when I get home that they have given me a burger with extra cheese! I drove home once from Wendy's only to find a "free" Biggie french fry in my bag. Hey, thanks Wendy's!!! ;) How'd you know I wanted that? Gees.
Cristina wrote about how when she was traveling she had to order something from McDonalds, so she chose a grilled chicken breast. When she got back on the road, she realized that they had given her a fried chicken sandwich.
I am seriously starting to think that there is a conspiracy. Maybe the fast food industry doesn't want us to eat better, be healthier, and lose weight. They want us to keep eating and craving their carcinogenic yucky-ness.

Click here to see some fast food grossness.

6 comments:

JanetM97 said...

My dh calls our Mcdonald's the worst drivethru in North America- one time they forgot the top of the bun on one of our hamburgers. lol. Try not to go there anymore anyway- funny how bad the grease smells to me now! Welcome to HYC! I enjoyed checking our your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to HYC!

Maybe this is just a sign to avoid McDs and other drive thrus ...!

I avoid as much as possible because even the good choices no longer appeal to me. Too a while but I'm done with McDs.

Good luck!

Allison said...

I love, love, love that link! Hilarious! And the photos certainly give you incentive to avoid those foods at all costs. Thanks for the laugh!

new*me said...

OMG........our McDonalds never gets our order right.......we get free stuff for the kids all the time. I have been avoiding it lately because I figure I can make a bigger better salad than them and that's about all I could eat there now anyway. The Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese used to call my name frequently ;)

Angela said...

I just started a blog on here 3 days ago to try and help myself get motivated... I am just thrilled that there is this whole group of people who are going through simular things!!!
As for fast food.. I am so addicted.... I wish I weren't but I am... ugh..it is frustrating... that link was really good though and quite eye opening...

Anonymous said...

We went to Taco Bell a few days ago for their 1/2 cheesy bean and rice burrito (480 calories...only 99 cents), and they gave us a Mountain Dew out of the blue. I took it, not knowing what drink it was, hoping it was a diet Pepsi. Well, like I said, it was Mountain Dew, so I tasted a sip, my wife tasted a sip, and we threw it out when we got home. Surprisingly it wasn't too difficult. I have developed a real thing about avoiding sugar in drinks, so tossing it was easy (minus the feeling of being wasteful...I hate being wasteful). Maybe you are right, the fast food industry likes us hooked...kind of like drug dealers...they give us some free until we get hooked then they jack up the price.