Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quotes and a LOSS!

On the good news front, the scale showed a loss this morning, even after a few days of madness. On another note, I have always enjoyed a good quote. Here are a few that I came across that speak very loudly about the journey we are all embarking on:

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.
Arnold H. Glasgow
(By far, my favorite. Remember my post My Liver is Shrinking?)

Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks. ~Author Unknown

Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us. ~Peter De Vries

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution. ~Author Unknown

I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me!
~Author Unknown

In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.
~Stephen Phillips

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.
~Author Unknown

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
~Author Unknown

So, which one speaks loudest to you?

2 comments:

Fat Free Me said...

GOOOOO LYNN!!! Loving the weight loss :) Wish I could report similar success. Lo, it is elusive... So my fav is: "If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution" SOOOO practical. Thanks for sharing those. And CONGRATULATIONS on today's loss!!!

butterfly said...

The one that stood out the most to me is the: Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

A quote that kicks me in the butt each and every day is : What you eat in private is what you wear in public.

I came across this line on a Weight Watchers board and it's really keeping me in line!

Good luck to you!!