Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Power of Funk


I have been blogging about my funk lately, and I have definitely learned a lesson during my time off the wagon. While I was feeling depressed, my whole body ached. I was exhausted, and any minor task seemed daunting. My overall feeling about my body took a direct hit as well. I was so much more aware of all the things that are "wrong" with me. Instead of feeling more confident, I was back to criticizing my body.
I felt so blubbery and yucky, I stopped undressing in front of my husband, and I started feeling like I didn't want to leave the house. Besides my sister coming for a visit, there was also one other major difference during the past week...I didn't find time to exercise.
I made sure I got out and rode my bike tonight, and it felt great! I am so happy that I was able to get out there and do it even with the storms coming and going. I already feel like I have a different spring in my step. It is so amazing how powerful the mind really is. I have learned that I MUST take time for myself or everyone, me the most, suffers for it. We don't need Prozac people, we just need the wind in our hair!

Oh, and watch out everybody because I'M BA-ACK. Woo-Hoo!!!

11 comments:

Simplymoi said...

I totally, completely, 100% hear ya. This is a post to go back to next time you are in a funk to remind yourself to get moving again and the funk will start to lift. Have a great week! :)

Tracy (no holes barred)

Losing Weight: said...

Yeah! Positive thinking will do it every time!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Lynn. I really love the feeling of the wind when you're riding a bike. Plus it makes you feel so powerful that you are even able to do it!

Anonymous said...

Attagirl! Way to pep yourself up! :) You're doing great, and you are learning to listen to your body--that's a great lesson for all of us, and something I really need to learn to do...
~Bethany

Melinda said...

The wind thru your hair washes all those bad feelings away. Better than chocolate.

The Joye of Teaching said...

Me too. Biker chick huh? :) Keep it up!

new*me said...

welcome back ;) Taking time for you,no matter what you do or how much time you devote to it, will give back to you 500% percent. Working out makes me a better mommy because I can deal with stress better and just feel happier. Stick with it....you're on a roll!

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Exercise is the cure! Really, a good workout can do wonders for your mood. Remember it might suck when you start but by the end you will be excited and feeling better. Your post really makes me want to go for a bike ride!

Deb said...

Thank you so much for the kind words you posted on my blog. :-)

Natalia said...

I agree with you completely! Since I've been exercising regularly I feel like I can do anything! I have such energy. I didn't even really think about it until I read your post. Glad to hear that you got out for that bike ride. It sounds like it felt great and did your soul good!

Natalia :)

Anonymous said...

I am currently working my way out of a funk. It really is amazing how powerful our thoughts are over our actions. You've inspired me to go out and take the walk I've been putting off all week.