Saturday, August 8, 2009

Not Tonight Honey, I'm Too Tired


After we ate dinner tonight, my husband decided it was time we all pile in the car and go get some ice cream. My husband's favorite dessert is a milkshake from Chick-fil-A. As I have stated in previous posts, I am not a big milkshake and ice cream fan. But, I hopped in the driver's seat and headed towards CFA.

Knowing I wouldn't be getting a milkshake, my husband asked me what I was going to get. Hmmmmmmmmmm......... What was I going to get? Some of my favorite desserts come from our local Harris Teeter bakery- they have a gourmet chef there, and their desserts are dang-er-ous.

I started heading towards the grocery store once my three men had their slurpy goodness when suddenly it hit me. I was too tired to get out of the car and walk inside the grocery store.

I drove home with nothing. It's pretty bad when you are too tired to get yourself dessert. That speaks volumes, doesn't it!? :)

8 comments:

Sean Anderson said...

There will be some amazingly energetic days in your future! I'm cheering you on--and looking forward to the Lynn that emerges--you're gonna be alright.
Did you say ice cream shake??? I'm gettin' the shakes---Oh my--your ability to resist ice creamy goodness so naturally---It's like I'm watching a magician---How do you do it?
Everybody is different. I love ice cream--you don't. But still...it's ice cream? And you don't scream?
I do enough for the both of us!!

My best always
Sean

Kristina said...

I totally understand your problem. Im a big ice cream lover (Snickers and Mint Choco Chip), but I now get the Fruit Cup at CFA instead of the Ice Dream in a cup (the large size). I never used to be a fruit eater until I started WW the end of June and I find it really sweet......so much so that it satisfies my "sweet tooth". Good luck, keep up the great work. You can do it!

Hallie said...

Too tired for dessert is a blessing! You wuz gonna do wrong! I missed several late dinners in recent weeks because I was just too tired to get up and go prepare them, and fell asleep instead. Honestly, I think it helped me lose weight (even though it was very naughty of me).

carla said...

Im with hallie its a blessing and a curse (that youre that wiped)

hang in there---

Fat Daddy said...

Here's to being too tired to cheat. Look forward to your better days!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I feel you! i am too tired to make dinner tonight! lol

Sara said...

Pretty bad? Gimme a little bit of hta fatigue, because I'm pretty sure it would take a couple of goons and a baseball bat to my knees to make me too tired to go in search of ice cream!

I hope you're feeling more energetic soon (but still all strong like an ox on the dessert front...)

Crys said...

I just found your blog and love it! I'm with your husband. CFA Chocolate Mint Milkshake about pushed me over the edge earlier this year. I'm wise enough to not try the peach...

I look forward to following your journey.