Friday, August 21, 2009

Thanks Everyone

I appreciate all of your comments on my last post. I realize that she is certainly not a winner, and I actually came home and told my husband that we have nothing in common, and I won't be spending anymore time with her.

She is NOT my best friend, nor a good friend. She is just an acquaintance from church whom I thought would be a good friend once I got to know her better. I was wrong. I almost think that my self consciousness about my weight acts as a barrier around people who so blatantly advertise their disgust about overweight people directly to an overweight person. It's just weird. We're like oil and water- we just don't mix.

Thanks again everyone, I enjoyed reading all of your takes on the situation.

5 comments:

Catherine55 said...

I am so glad to hear this! You are way too great of a person to be spending time with a horrible person like that!

However, I fully look forward to an update when you run into her and are looking supremely thin and toned! I am sure that she will have major jealousy issues! Hee hee. :)

Catherine

Lynn said...

Thanks Catherine.

Sean Anderson said...

That decision was a wonderful gift to yourself.
And when you are at your optimal weight someday and she tries to be all buddy-buddy---I hope you don't give her the time of day.

My best always
Sean

Kristina said...

Good for you! Your the much better person for not having the same attitude she does. I cant even believe she considers herself a Christian and can say things like she did.

jo said...

I'm behind on blogs, but I just read that post...

My husband's family is that way, they don't like fat people, and they eat candy, cookies, garbage, Pepsi for breakfast...and they're thin as rails. They're lucky they have great genes.

You did the right thing!