Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Waaaah. Boo. Hiss. With an UPDATE!


Today was my surgery consultation. I finally got to meet the surgeon, and he was wonderful.

However, to make a super-long story short.....his staff bites the big one.

Instead of being able to mark my calendar with my surgery date, I get to wait a few more weeks while his incompetent staff figures out how to do their jobs.

So I sit and wait, consumed with anxious anticipation I compare to waiting for my sons' births.

UPDATE:
At my appt. yesterday, I gave the surgeon an ear full regarding my experiences with his staff, apparently it helped my case quite a bit! I jut got a phone call from their insurance coordinator to say that they have already gotten the approval letter from BCBS!!!! Woo-hoo! I was also told that there had been a surgery cancellation for this Friday. THIS FRIDAY! Could you imagine? I will keep you all updated.

UPDATE x2:
The doctor's office just called and told me to eat nothing but clear liquids tomorrow because it looks like they can get me on the books for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As in the day after tomorrow. The day after tomorrow!!!!!! Oh my GOD.

6 comments:

Brightcetera said...

well that bites.
hope it's soon.
good to hear you feel good about the surgeon.
hang in there ... the time will be here before you know it.

Nicole said...

i feel the same way. i'll e-mail or call you tomorrow and we can commiserate!

Kristina said...

That sucks! Be as patient as you can be. Think of the outcome and the end goal and how its all going to be worth it!

Jamie said...

Wow! Talk about 0 - 60 in 3 seconds. Good for you. I am excited for you. Hope all goes well. Don't forget your chapstick for the recovery. My lips were extremely dry. Can't wait for an after update. See ya on the losers bench!!!

Amy W. said...

holy shit is the only thing to say! As in Friday in 2 days! WHAT? Are you ready? Email me. or blog about your plans so we can make sure you have everything you need!

OMG

Robyn said...

Wow, that sounds like it happened fast! Thanks for joining my blog, looks like I'll be a couple months behind you! I look forward to sharing our journeys.